Fragile Hearts


Beautiful thoughts swirl through my head, just like the clear, fresh, youthful spring breeze. I always dreamt of a world where everything was extraordinary with surreal trees, purple clouds and full of secrets.



When I was young, my mother used to tell me stories about how fairies used to take her granddad away with them and fly all night and sing songs; and at the crack of dawn they used to leave him on his terrace with boxes full of sweets. It intrigued me.






Fragile Hearts is a story I started two years ago. A story about sisters who slept one night and never awoke; realizing that it was one the best thing that could have ever happened to them; it was Grace in disguise. They live in a limbo now; Fresh footprints, leading to a trail of crossroads; where there is no past to regret - no future to anticipate - everything is in this precious moment. A waning crescent moon - like floating cocoons- in a sea of tidal space.
Sometimes, they come in my dreams, asking me to leave this world for enchanted forests and black horses.





I love dark things, they make me ache. I love things that create echoes. Those in-between moments where everything moves in slow motion. It’s all about observing and extracting the beautiful things out of the rest.


Through Fragile Hearts, Let’s just say that I am trying to create my own wonderland, full of secrets. A different chapter, a different layer. But, I love colourful and happy things as well, because sometimes secrets hide there too.



Exit. Reality

Comments

  1. Your work is identical to Nirrimi Hakanson's early works. I wouldn't say 'inspired' though - the tones of your photos, that one photo with three girls lying on a carpet in the grass, the photo of the chick with the black bra strap, the photo with the blue hands and rosaries are COPIES of Nirrimi's and her boyfriend's works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts